Without the fundamental skill of learning, there is no personal development. Therefore, it’s imperative for a man to learn how to learn, and then learn.
When the word learning is mentioned, one often conjures up images of a bookworm, an insatiable reader glued to his books. But while reading is an integral part of obtaining knowledge, learning is a broad term that goes far beyond that.
Learning encompasses any lasting change of mood, outlook, or behavior from childhood onward, be it with regards to the good habits, character strengths, and skillful ways to interact with others . Healing, recovery, and development are also forms of learning.
Our busy and hectic lifestyles makes it difficult to even think about learning and trying new things, and we are missing out both personally and professionally as a result.
Realizing our full potential as a unique human being — a unique soul — is contingent on our ability and willingness to learn, taking action on the lessons learned, and evolving.
Indeed, if we stop learning, we stop growing and risk becoming stagnate or even regressive in our ever-changing world. Therefore, it is paramount that we make learning an integral part of our being.
Here are 30 profound quotes that will inspire you to never stop learning.
1. “The education of a man is never completed until he dies.” – Robert E. Lee
2. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
3. “We learn from failure, not from success!” – Bram Stoker
4. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
6. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Helen Keller
7. “Vision without execution is just hallucination.” – Henry Ford
8. “The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.” – Tom Bodett
9. “Let everything you do be done as if it makes a difference.” – William James
10. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
11. “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
12. “The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.” – Michel Legrand
13. “When the student is ready, the master appears.” – Buddhist Proverb
14. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” – Bob Marley
15. “The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own reason for existing.” – Albert Einstein
16. “The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” – B. B. King
17. “What we don’t know, we can learn; what we can’t do, we can learn. So learn.” – Kwame Owusu
18. “People learn something every day, and a lot of times it’s that what they learned the day before was wrong.” – Bill Vaughan
19. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
20. “He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.” – Confucius
21. “I never learned from a man who agreed with me.” – Robert A. Heinlein
22. “Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” – Socrates
23. “The teacher is the one who gets the most out of the lessons, and the true teacher is the learner.” – Elbert Hubbard
24. “Wisdom… comes not from age, but from education and learning.” – Anton Chekhov
25. “I maintained my edge by always being a student; you will always have something new to learn.” – Jackie Joyner Kersee
26. “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.” – Ronald E. Osborn
27. “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Walt Disney
28. “There are no regrets in life, just lessons.” – Jennifer Aniston
29. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
30. “Learning is the superpower of superpowers, the one that grows the rest of them.” – Rick Hanson