“Positive thinking won’t let you do anything… but it will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Zigler
The biggest, if not the only, problem that you have to deal with is choosing the right thoughts. As science has shown time and time again, if you think happy thoughts, you will be happy; if you think miserable thoughts, you will be miserable; if you think fear thoughts, you will be afraid; and if you think failure thoughts, you will most certainly fail.
This is not necessarily to say you should have a Pollyanna attitude towards all your problems — unfortunately, life isn’t that straightforward — but it’s important that you assume a positive attitude instead of a negative attitude.
Be concerned about whatever trials and tribulations your are undergoing, but not worried. Put a smile on your face and be grateful for the things you have, however small or insignificant you might think they are, even when life has you in the gutter, and remember that everything will be alright.
Life has a strange way of working out for those who are upbeat, grateful and determined.
Read these 30 positivity quotes when your feeling down or upbeat…
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon
- “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
- “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” – W. Clement Stone
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
- “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
- “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so let us all be thankful.” – Buddha
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “Positive thinking is more than just a tagline. It changes the way we behave. And I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only makes me better, but it also makes those around me better.” – Harvet Mackay
- “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
- “The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.” – Stephen Richards
- “When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “When you fail, that is when you get closer to success.” – Stephen Richards
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Positive Anything Is Better Than Negative Nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
- “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
- “Hope is a waking dream.” – Aristotle
- “When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” – Rumi
- “Never say there is nothing beautiful in the world anymore. There is always something to make you wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” – Mark Twain
- “Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.” – William James
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The kingdom of heaven in not a place but a state of mind.” – John Burroughs
- “Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it.” – Gautama Buddha
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
- “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eker
- “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many–not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens
- “To be upset over what you don’t have, is to waste what you do have.” – Unknown
Did we miss any? What are your top positivity quotes that inspire you? Share them in the comments below.