Whatever happened to the two-door SUV? Sure, there is the two-door version Jeep Wrangler, but that’s just one model, and how many of them do you see on the road?
The segment is minuscule, if not non-existent, but Land Rover Ranger Rover feels there is room for one more model, one specifically tailored for the wealthy few. Enter the Range Rover SV Coupe!
Here’s what you need to know about Range Rover’s two-door SUV:
- Its silhouette is unmistakable, but you probably wouldn’t notice the absence of two doors at first glance. A modified grille design, unique side vents, a 8 mm lower ride height for a sportier look, and Range Rover’s first-ever 23-inch wheel option further help set it apart from its four-door counterpart.
- The interior is adorned with the finest luxury Land Rover Ranger Rover has to offer, including unique semi-aniline leather front seats with a gradated diamond quilt design and the choice of three elegant wood veneers and four front-to-rear contrast interior color options. A range of single-tone interior colors is also available.
- Buyers who want to make their ride extra special have access to 100 more paint colors, plus unique ‘match to sample’ hues with a range of finishes; contrast stitching; headrest embroidery; engraving on the door handle and tread plate; and semi-precious metal badging.
- The Range Rover SV Coupe is powered by a 5.0-liter Supercharged V8 with 557 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque, allowing it to hit 0 to 60 miles per hour (96 km/h) in just 5 seconds on route to a top speed of 165 mpg (266 km/h). It is the fastest full-size Range Rover to date.
- Engineers tuned the suspension to deliver a sportier ride than the regular Range Rover.
- Chances are you will never see a Range Rover SV Coupe, but not because of its staggering £240,000 (approx. $432,372) starting price but rather because only 999 examples will be made.
What do you think about the Range Rover SV Coupe? Does it make you want to see more two-door SUVs?