The 380-horsepower Jaguar F-Pace S has been the fastest, most powerful Jag SUV to date, but that’s no longer the case with the introduction of the F-Pace SVR.
The F-Pace SVR is so powerful and so fast that it approaches super SUV status. It’s probably the second coolest Jaguar after the all-electric I-Pace. Here’s what you need to know:
- Power comes from a supercharged 5.0L V8 that pumps out 542 horsepower and 501 lb-ft. of torque. Paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission and a standard all-wheel drive system, the V8 launches Jaguar’s hottest SUV to 60 mph from a standstill in just 4.1 sec (100 km/h in 4.3 sec) before reaching a top speed of 176 mph (283 km/h). Jaguar’s Variable Valve Active Exhaust System ensures it sounds like how a powerful V8 should.
- Engineers enhanced handling with stiffer front and rear springs, an anti-roll bar that reduces body roll by 5 percent, and a choice of 21- or 22-inch alloy wheels.
- The F-Pace SVR is further distinguished by larger front air intakes; side fender vents that lower pressure in the wheel arches, reduce lift and provide more cooling; an SVR-spec hood with vents that help extract hot air from the engine bay; a unique rear spoiler; and a modified bumper with quad tailpipes.
- Distinct interior accouterments include sportier front seats with better lateral support, unique rear seats, aluminum paddle shifters, and a Sport Shift Selector.
- Want one? Prices start at £74,835 in the U.K. and $79,990 in the United States for the 2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR. U.S. buyers get a comprehensive 5 year / 60,000 miles warranty and scheduled maintenance.
The Jaguar F-PACE SVR is said to have been engineered to deliver the handling and agility to match its performance and “lives up to the promise of both the F-PACE and SVR.”