Chevrolet is ready to blow the hood off European exotic supercars with the all-new C7 Corvette ZR1, the fastest and most powerful Corvette yet!
Unveiled in Dubai, home of the fast, rich and fabulous, the latest ZR1 shares much of its bones with the Corvette Z06 but goes the extra mile by adding more power, better handling and more overall refinement. A more “refined monster”, as oxymoronic as that might sound…
Let’s check the goods:
- Power is provided by a supercharged LT5 V8 that cranks out a whopping 755 horsepower and 715 pound-feet of torque, making it not only the most powerful Corvette, but also the most powerful vehicle ever to roll off Chevy’s assembly line.
- You have the choice of either a seven-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission, both driving the rear wheels exclusively, allowing the Corvette ZR1 to warp to 60 mph (96 km/h) from a standstill in around 2.8 seconds before reaching a top speed of over 210 mph (338 km/h). That puts it in the highly coveted 2 second and 200 mph clubs.
- To prevent overheating and further differentiate it from the Z06, the new ZR boasts new intercooler and supercharger system, a redesigned nose, a hood opening to channel air to the intercooler, and 13 heat exchangers.
- Two aero packages are available: 1) A standard rear low wing that delivers the highest top speed and helps generate up to 70 percent more downforce than the Z06’s base aero package, and 2) two-way-adjustable High Wing that offers 60 percent more downforce than the Z06 equipped with the Z07 Performance Package and a maximum downforce on the track for the quickest lap times. Both are integrated into the chassis, working in unison with a new front underwing.
- The new Corvette ZR1 introduces a new Sebring Orange Design Package that adds a Sebring Orange Tintcoat, orange stripes on the rocker panels and splitter, orange interior trim, orange brake calipers, and bronze aluminum trim in the cabin.
- ZR1 sales begin in spring of 2018. Expect to pay over $100,000 for one.
Chevy has been on a tear lately with performance cars. Even though the new ZR1 is crazy bonkers, the Z06 and Camaro ZL1 1LE won’t leave most enthusiasts wanting.
Are you happy with how it turned out, and do you want one?